Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

It was a joy to celebrate Father's Day once again yesterday. Not only was I able to speak with my own father, but was also able to spend time with two of my three daughters. Julie and Jana joined us for some pizza on Sunday night and had a great time. Joy would have been here, but her ministry responsibilities in Fayetteville kept her from being able to come. I am so blessed to have three wonderful girls who have all grown into beautiful adults. One of the great joys of my life is my relationship to these incredibly diverse individuals whom God chose to bless Jan and I with. It is so much fun to reflect on the memories of their childhood. And it brings a great sense of contentment to see the kind of adults they have become. I am blessed that Julie, Joy and Jana call me dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment