Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Lasting Legacy

Last Thursday Jan, Jana, David and I traveled to Duck Hill, MS where I participated in the funeral service for Curtis Riley. He was a dear friend and brother in Christ who was gloriously welcomed into Heaven last week. After ninety years on the planet, the Lord sweetly whispered his name and offered to bring him home.

Though I have certainly not been in regular contact with him during the past several years I'll miss him. Just knowing that he will not be sitting in his favorite recliner on Riley hill makes me a little sad. He left an enduring legacy not only in his family but also in his community. Though he was short in stature, he cast a long shadow that continues to impact lives. He was a faithful servant of Christ and his influence will continue for many generations, probably until Jesus comes. He was a true gentlemen who loved his wife, modeled Christian virtues and worked humbly with his hands.

Thanks Curtis, for your friendship, encouragement and wisdom. Thanks for making my family a part of your own. Thanks for helping me find joy in the simple things of life. I look forward to seeing you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment