Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Beauty and the Beast







This week's winter wonderland has merged the beauty and the beast. Ice gleaming in the trees and hanging onto bushes is beautiful. Seeing the landscape of white is a wonderful experience. However, this time the beast came with the beauty. Much of Jonesboro has been and remains out of power. We lost power Tuesday night and as of Thursday morning are still in the dark. Actually, I am in Louisiana for a day or two, but my home remains powerless. Jan and I spent a cool night in the house on Tuesday night listening to the limbs and trees falling all around us. We were especially aware of the one that landed on our roof just over our bedroom. I've not yet climbed on the roof to assess the damage but I don't believe it is serious.


All in all, we are doing well. I feel for people who are struggling much more than we are. I also want to commend the utility workers who are working tirelessly to get the lights back on. Hats off to those guys.

1 comment:

  1. Bro. J., I just want to say how much I appreciate you and the work you do for us and the kingdom. It is very comforting to have a pastor that you can count on the preach and teach the word. I also know that sometimes you need to be told how much you are needed and appreciated. Thanks again.
    In His Love,
    Phyllis

    ReplyDelete